23 things about Gabby Grace: 3 month edition

Does this baby look like her mama's baby pics or what?!
The "24 things" posts that are a fairly regular feature on this blog started when Faith was 3 months old. She was born on the 24th of June, hence the reason for the number. Since Gabby was born on the 23rd,  she gets 23 things and a bonus item to keep it fair. Don't want either of them claiming I have a favorite as I love em both equally, yet for different reasons (something I couldn't fully understand until Gabs was born three months ago!) THREE MONTHS! Wow!

To my precious Gabby Grace,

1) You are a good sleeper! Since about 7 weeks old, you've been sleeping through the night (10 ish to 5-6 ish). Last night you slept from 10 to 6:30 when I had to wake you up (nursing mothers can't wait all day if ya know what I mean). You must have wanted me to brag about you on the blog today :)

2) After you sneeze, you make an audible sigh. It's pretty much the cutest sound ever.

3) Baby crack just doesn't do it for you. Neither does "Hey, Soul Sister" by Train which worked every time for your older sister. I sang some Adele the other day when you were fussy and you stopped crying. You must have better taste in music than Faith.

4) You like Nuk pacis, but use MAMs too. You pretty much only take it when you're tired. Have I mentioned my love for binkies?

5) There's a red tint to your hair. No, I don't know where you got it from, but I think it's beautiful! It's more of a deep red and makes your eyelashes look golden in certain lights.

6) This is random, but I feel like we go through soooo many diapers. You are the most hydrated child on the planet!

7) Your dad sure loves you. Whenever he sees you, he says, "Hello, hello, helloooo!" and the light in your eyes just shines!

I think you look like Auntie Rachel here!
8) Mom knows the trick for getting a surefire smile. I just make a "brr" noise with my lips and you can't help but turn up the corners of your mouth.

9) Faith has accepted you from day 1. She is protective, inclusive and concerned for you. "Where's Gabby?" "We need to go pick up Gabby." "Gabby spit up." "Gabby doesn't like me." It's so sweet. I can't wait til you can show your affection back toward her.

10) Sometimes you smile in your sleep. Is it fountains of breastmilk or a mountain of binkies you're dreaming about?

11) You're kind of a spitter. It's usually the second burp after your feedings that has me doing more wardrobe changes than Cher.

12) We have you on a pretty good feedings schedule. 4 ish ounces about 6 times a day. You seem full, content and are sleeping good, so we'll stick with that routine for a while.

"Who the hell do Kim and Kanye think they are...naming that child North West. Seriously."
13) Don't even try giving you a cold bottle. (We can add the Iowa State Fair parking lot to the list of weird places I've nursed you.)

14) In the last few weeks, you've really found your voice. We have some pretty compelling conversations. You: "Ahhhhgaahhhhh." Me: "Oh, really?"

15) Bathtime took a dramatic turn for the better. I haven't gotten water in your eyes since day one and you are actually relaxing in the sink. We've only done one bathtub bath and thank Gob you didn't do this.

16) The key to a good nap or sleep for you is a long-sleeve onesie and a swaddle. Babysitters take note ;)

17) While you're by no means a big baby, you're certainly chunkier than your sissy ever was...this is a good thing. I love your double chin and leg rolls.

18) You started day care last week and seem to be doing OK. Other than the day I dropped you off after you had a blowout in the car and simultaneously spit up all over, I think you've made a good impression. Today the daycare lady said, "I wanna keep her." That made me happy!

Mom, you're boring me.
19) When people ask who you look like, wondering if it's mom or dad, we respond with, "her sister." Yes, you look a lot like Faith, but I am starting to think you look like my baby pics. (Sorry, dad. Hopefully she'll get your musical talent :)

20) You're getting a lot better at holding your head up and doing a pushup during tummy time. Aunt Ramey will be happy to hear this.

21) Your clogged tear duct FINALLY went away...or maybe you just haven't cried in awhile. Let's not find out.

22) You held out on us with the smiles until 7 weeks, but have since made up for lost time. I can't wait to hear you laugh for the first time. So what's your schtick? People in pain? Funny faces? Animal noises? I'll do it! All of it!

23) I wondered what having baby #2 would be like and how I would feel about you as compared to your firstborn sister. And the result? I love you so so much. It's not even comparable as I love you each for who you are. You're a joy to have around, be around and take around. As the song goes, "Til my last day, I'll be lovin' you."

*Bonus item: Today I took a few hours of vacation and stayed home with you in the morning. We nursed, napped and took some pictures in your sticker onesies. We then took some photos at JCPenney of just you and no big sis. I want you to know you are a little sister, yes, but you are an individual and an amazing, incredible and strong willed one at that. I love you for you. And I always will!

And with that, this photoshoot ended abruptly.

No comments:

Post a Comment