Score one for the pink team!

So, it's a girl! We found out today that the bun that's been cookin' is officially a little Nicole. We do have a name picked out, but we are keeping that a secret.

So the story! When we got to the doctor, I asked the ultrasound tech if she had a goofy or fun way of telling people if it's a boy or a girl. She said no, not really, but said that part was towards the end of the scanning. So I had been sporadically tearing up, and (because I was standing by Nicole's feet) rubbing her feet, and just watching this amazing process, when the tech got a little more quiet than normal. Don't get me wrong, she was still typing away, but I had a fear something bad was happening. As I stared at the screen, she took a picture and typed "I" then "R" then "L", and finally, "G" at the front. It took about two seconds, and Nicole was crying and saying how she was wrong. My words were, "I suppose I can forgive you for being wrong." I'm a dork. We were both very happy and surprised, and it was a great feeling. The tech later said that sometimes the "G" key sticks. HA! I thought it worked well.

Rob H. and I have already decided on what sports equipment we have for girls, and I heard that Vince is a good coach, so we'll see where this leads.

Anyway, I am a very excited and happy father-to-be of a little girl. This has been, and will be, a great experience and I am looking so forward to it.

Oh, and Nicole said I can post one picture for the blog:


~Happy Dad-to-be

No comments:

Post a Comment