Nursery update

Apparently the mall doesn't open until 10 a.m. on Saturdays, which is why I ended up spending $50 on baby books at Barnes and Noble (the one connected to Mall of the Bluffs) last weekend while waiting for Dillards to unlock its doors. I'll admit it, I'm a sucker for the Little Miss and Mr. Men books. I think for most of us, the nostalgia of childhood has a powerful effect. Needless to say, Baby Lindquist is now a fan of the Little Miss and Mr. Men books too. Because of her genetics, she also may have a preference for Words for Walls when she grows up since Rob and I have them all over the house. The one shown here says "Create, Share, PLAY, Imagine, Dream." I hope all of these things for my baby girl, but I know the sharing one may not come easily given her mommy's spoiled upbringing. Last but not least, we hung up a height measurer thing (is there a name for this?) that I'm proud to say I'm taller than. We also put up a little giraffe below - he needs a name. Anyway, baby's room is coming along and so will baby before we know it. We are only 3 months and 2 weeks from the due date and I'm so excited to meet her I can hardly stand it! I think she'll be a Little Miss Sunshine, Little Miss Brainy and Little Miss Naughty all rolled into one!

1 comment: