Our 5th Halliversary!

Happy Halloween/Happy Birthday to Life as a Lindquist! Five years ago, we began our blogging adventure on Halloween night as we passed out candy in our Lego costumes (wow, do we sound like a good time or what?!). At the time, I was with "mini lego" but no one knew it yet.

2009

The next year we celebrated Halloween as a family of three/bull, cow and a calf.


Followed by Little Bo Peep and a Child of the 80s in 2011.


And then the year I was disappointed my daughter wanted to be a commercialized Disney princess, when I wanted her to be McKayla Maroney.





(Let's not forget my last minute attempt at MJ that year.)


Once again I was "with lego" during this Halloween and no one knew yet.

That meant there was an additional trick or treater in 2013.


(Howie went as Toto, I was the Yellow Brick Raod and Rob was the Wizard of Oz, but we never made it to a photo.)

So this year we had to rectify that by making sure we got a family photo, no matter how crappy it turned out. I'm a witch (watch your comments on that), Rob is attempting to make a joke about Doug McDermott with his costume and Howie is Olaf as Santa.


And the stars of the show: Anna and Elsa.


Two years ago, it bothered me that Faith wanted to be a Disney princess and not something more original. This year she talked about being a spy and I was so excited to help her concoct the most badass spy costume ever. Then she decided to be Elsa and I thought to myself, "ya know, whatever makes her happy makes me happy." This past 5 years of blogging have flown by. Kids grow up so fast. Faith has dressed up for 5 Halloweens already. I'll support her if she wants to be the most common character out there or if she wants to be the most random thing of all time (remember her "pie phase" from last year). I can still vividly remember hitting submit on our first Lego post in 2009. Five years later, here we are. Life as a Lindquist is pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment