Yeah, right. Allow me to share with you what a holiday bucket/to do list looks like in real life.
1. Pinterest version: Visit Santa.
Real life Lindquist version: Force your "mama's girl" to sit on a stranger's lap.
2. Pinterest version: Decorate your tree with hand-made ornaments.
Real life Lindquist version: Scream hysterically when the Christmas tree falls on your young daughters and probably scars them (and you) for life.
3. Pinterest version: Remember this year forever with holiday portraits.
Real life Lindquist version: Push your luck partaking in an unwanted photoshoot with kids under the age of 5.
4. Pinterest version: Bring home the bargains on Black Friday.
Real life Lindquist version: Have your joy zapped by a retail worker who is pissed that your Christmas shopping is standing between her and a 10 minute lunch break.
5. Pinterest version: Sip hot cocoa by the fireplace.
Real life Lindquist version: Gain all your holiday weight in one sitting.
6. Pinterest version: String up lights to make the neighborhood glow.
Real life Lindquist version: Laugh/cry when your husband tells you to check back in a half hour to see if he's fallen off the roof.
7. Pinterest version: Attend an ugly sweater party.
Real life Lindquist version: Allow your husband to wear something you treasured in the 5th grade all in the name of winning a contest at work.
8. . Pinterest version: Make a gingerbread house.
Real life Lindquist version: Throw away the gingerbread house craft that's too ugly even for a mother to love.
9. Pinterest version: Involve family pets in your Christmas celebrations.
Real life Lindquist version: Torture your dog with jingly bells.
10. Pinterest version: Read Christmas letters from family and friends.
Real life Lindquist version: Become saddened by the realization the people whose last names end in S haven't read this chart:
Merry Christmas and Happy New Years from the Lindquistes' :)
What's on your holiday bucket list?