Lindquist Chili

Hi all. Rob here. I haven't posted on here in a while (you're welcome). But there is no time like the present to mess that up for you!

Anyway, I'm going to share my family-friendly, secret-ingredient, chili recipe... that I just made up today.



And, it's delicious.

Don't believe me? Just take it from a 3-year-old that doesn't like tomatoes:


So, without any further ado, here is the recipe

3/4 of 46 oz can Hy-Vee Tomato Juice (use the leftover with your beer, if you’re into that)
2 cans of Hy-Vee specialty Diced tomatoes (I used one can w/ Green Chili, one w/ Roasted Garlic & Onion)
1 can each of Hy-Vee Black Beans, Dark Red Kidney Beans, and Chili Style Beans
1 lb hamburger
1 lb sausage (spiciness up to you)
1/4 cup You Thought I'd Accidentally Mess Up huh? *secret ingredient

So it pretty much looks like every other recipe right? Try it out.

Brown and drain hamburger and sausage. Mix tomato juice and diced tomatoes in crock-pot and let simmer on low while browning.

Add rest of ingredients and cook on low heat for 2-4 hours.



Top w/ cheese and sour cream as needed. Add Pretzel bread pieces as an alternative to crackers.


If you try it out, let us know what you think in the comments. It works well with a family of 3, with plenty of leftovers for supper (and to freeze).

~Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment