Seven Years Strong

Oct. 16, 2004. The day and the year Mr. Lindquist and I decided to officially become a couple. It's an anniversary we don't celebrate, much to my dismay. I love me a mushy anniversary card. So consider this mine to Rob.

After last week's "10 Ways to Make a Mama Happy" post, he said to me and I quote: "That was like a compliment sandwich, but instead of a slice of meat, it was a deli sub in between." While it saddened me to hear this (I didn't mean to make him feel like he doesn't do a good job of making me happy) I was impressed with his analogy.

Since that post, I've realized a couple things. As for #6) "Force Moms to Get Out of the House Without the Babychild," Rob does a good job of encouraging me to do this, but I'm my own worst enemy. Case in point Friday night when he repeatedly told me I should attend an event, while I repeatedly talked myself out of it. I've noticed him making an effort on some of the other numbers too, which leads me to believe next time I should just talk to him directly rather than write a thinly veiled blog post. Lesson learned.

So, here is me making up for it with a look back at our 7 years together. Honestly, I can't believe it's been that long. Though it took a lot to convince me to take the plunge exactly seven years ago to this day, I have never, ever looked back. We are plain and simply right for each other. I admire him. I respect him and most of all, I love the guy. Happy 7th anniversary, dear. Here's to 57 more.

Sadly, I don't have a photo of us from 2004. So just picture two dorks in their early twenties who are goo goo eyed for each other. Gag, huh?

And now for the fun part...

May 7, 2005 - Graduation day from the best university ever -- Iowa State!
Jan. 30, 2006 - Rob proposes after his Wheel of Fortune episode airs. I'm shocked, I cry and most importantly, say yes!
June 2, 2007 - The I Dos i.e. greatest day ever.
Nov. 10, 2007 - bonus picture. We bring a puppy into our family.
Dec. 25, 2008 - We celebrate our first Christmas in our new house.
June 1, 2009 - We take the trip o' a lifetime together across Ireland.
June 24, 2010 - We become parents to Faith Janna. Greatest day ever superseded.
Sept. 10, 2011. We celebrate a Cyclone victory together in the city where we met and fell in love.
Hmmm. Can't wait to see what 2012 brings.

1 comment: